Childcare In York – Selection
For a parent, choosing the right childcare centre can be stressful. As a result, parents looking for childcare in York - or anywhere else – need to take the time to do the appropriate research. They should also make sure that the centre or service in question is truly a good fit for their child. Here are some simple tips to help in the process.
1. Ensure that all visitors to the childcare premises are accompanied by a staff member. Obviously one would not want to engage any childcare service provider who allowed visitors to wander at will.
2. Is there an extensive and sophisticated CCTV system throughout each room, with all cameras centrally monitored at all times?
3. Does the service / childcare provider have rigorous collection policies ensuring your children are not picked up by an unauthorised person?
4. If there are cot-rooms on the premises of any prospective child-care provider – are they equipped with baby monitors and room thermostats?
Environment & Culture
5. Do you feel that there is a culture of safety and confidence, giving your child the supportive environment they need to develop into a well rounded adult?
6. Is the crèche, nursery or childcare service provider a happy, loving and caring environment, a place that feels like a home for your child?
7. Know your family’s personal needs. Location and price are likely to be factors, but so are the ages of the children. For any younger children, an early childhood development program may be necessary, while older children may only need an after-school childcare provider.
8. Make sure all staff are professionally trained to the highest standards in health and safety. In the UK – make sure they are OFSTED registered. You can do this at: – http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/early-years-and-childcare
This list of tips on sourcing and dealing with childcare providers is not exhaustive and you should always carry out your own due diligence. Yet it should give you a basic list of questions to put to yourself and any prospective crèche or childcare provider. If they cannot provide satisfactory answers – then maybe you should try another source of childcare in York.